1) Marketing and visibility boost Our members’ businesses increase exposure in online and offline formats. They take advantage of free positive brand recognition and exposure on CCCGB’s website, and the many cost-effective advertising opportunities offered by the chamber’s newsletters, digital marketing campaigns, and events to reach more of their market for less. We promote our members’ businesses through different marketing venues, including social media. CCCGB have a growing followers base, so any exposure the chamber gives to the members’ businesses will be beneficial.
2) Networking opportunities When they join CCCGB, members network with other member businesses. Through CCCGB’s networking events, they get to know other professionals in the British-Congolese community, develop partnerships, and support other businesses. If the members’ businesses are ever in need, they have a community of business owners to turn to for help. CCCGB will hold bi-monthly networking events so members can meet and exchange ideas, develop business relationships and increase their professional network.
3) Credibility According to researchers (i.e. the Schapiro Group’s survey in 2012), being a member of a chamber of commerce makes a business more desirable to customers. When a small business is a chamber of commerce member, consumers are 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the business in the future. CCCGB’s membership will increase companies’ profits because customers will view those businesses more favourably.
4) Referrals CCCGB help their members getting potential customers and leads. The chamber receives phone calls and emails from potential customers looking for businesses that can help them with specific goods or services. CCCGB only recommend its members’ businesses when they receive a referral request.
5) Advocacy We support your business by acting as a voice for the common interests of our members. Where our members have common needs, problems, or suggestions, we gather them and forward them to the relevant authorities. As a gathering of different companies, CCCGB have the opportunity to influence the local government on issues that impact those businesses.
6) Discounts By joining CCCGB, members gain discounts on many of their business needs. They offer discounts to one another. For example, if a member has a lunch meeting, they can check for discounts with restaurants who are members of CCCGB. Or if they need special flyers for an event, a print shop that is a chamber member might offer them reduced rates.
7) Expenses deductions Our members are able to deduct membership fees as allowable business expenses. This helps counteract the cost of the membership.
8) Professional development We host professional development events including training opportunities. These help our members learn or improve upon skills that are essential to running their businesses. You can use the professional development events to better your company without breaking your budget.
Types of Membership
We have four main types of Members. Please click on each button below for more details: